Good thing it’s my day off today. Otherwise, I would have been absent from work because of Typhoon Gener. The strong winds and non-stop rain made staying at home the wisest choice.
Being cooped up inside the house on a rainy day makes me think about rainy day comfort foods. Here’s a list of my favorites.
1. Hot chocolate— thick and rich Flipino tsokolate is the best. All the more if it is eaten with toasted ensaimada or suman.
2. Freshly brewed tea – the soothing effects of the water and all the antioxidants make me feel warm and functional. Avocado Leaves tea is a new discovery and favorite. I mentioned it in a previous post.
3. Warm Taho – fresh tofu, arnibal (brown sugar and vanilla syrup), and sago. Wow, wow!
4. Chicken macaroni soup – a childhood favorite.
5, Sardines, boiled eggs and steaming hot rice
6. Coffee and Pandesal
7. Champorado (chocolate rice porridge) – with evaporated milk and brown sugar.
8. Sinigang na Isda – A complete, healthy meal.
9. Ginataan – Bilo-bilo (glutinous rice balls), bananas, sweet potato, langka, cooked in coconut milk and sugar.
10. Chicken Arroz Caldo – rice soup, slices of chicken, boiled egg, seasoned with fired garlic, clalamansi and spring onions.
I am grateful that all of the above are so available and easy to prepare. As always of course, Eat Moderately is the guideline I try to remember. It’s so easy to indulge on rainy days.
Oh rainy day! What a delicious day!
Do you like eating on rainy days too? What are your favorites?